Fior di Levante
A few words about Zakynthos
Zakynthos is an island of poets, painters, music, flowers and singing. Scientific evidence show that the island has been populated since the Stone Age, and due to its great geographical position between east and west it has attracted many conquerors and has been inhabited by ancient Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, the Counts of Naples, Venetians, French, Russians and English people. It has been reunited to Greece along with the rest of the Ionian Islands in 1864.
- Accommodation in lively tourist resorts, but also in small, quiet family run properties, under the moon and stars with only the sound of the waves to keep you company.
- Long and golden sandy beaches with shallow crystal clear waters
- Strolls around the city with stops, at the squares, port, shops and many cafés, taverns and restaurants as well as the traditional street carts where you can find local sweets, such as mandotato, pasteli and fitoura.
- The west coast of the island with rocky cliffs, magnificent bays and small gulfs, deep blue waters and lovely traditional taverns.
- Intact rocky coasts, ideal for scuba diving, underwater photography and snorkeling.
- Traditional live singing called “Kantades” at many taverns and restaurants all over the island mixed with the scent of summer flowers.
- Delicious quality greek and traditional dishes in many small taverns and restaurants, made of fresh local products, according to the old island recipes.
- The National Marine Park that protects the natural habitat of the Caretta-Caretta turtle.
- The Isles Strofades with a unique natural environment.